PIFFA is a National member of the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association „FIATA” and member of the European Organization for Forwarding and Logistics CLECAT.
AS AN NATIONAL MEMBER OF FIATA PIFFA PROVIDES THEIR MEMBERS WITH THE POSSIBILITIES OF:
- Taking part in FIATA working bodies;
- Using FIATA documents;
- Obtaining the „FIATA Diploma in Freight Forwarding” (recognized internationally);
- Access to any information from FIATA;
As AN ASSOCIATED MEMBER OF CLECAT – European Organisation for Forwarding and Logistics, PIFFA has access to any information related with forwarding, transportation and other questions concering cargoturnover in the Europen Community.
THE BASIC AIMS OF PIFFA:
- Protection of rights and representation of interests of the Association Members before the govermental bodies and local authorities, trade unions and other organizations associating shippers, carriers and their agents and brokers;
- Representation of the Association Members interests before international organizations of forwarders, shippers, carriers, etc. If their activity touches upon professional interests of PIFFA Members;
- Supporting high quality services rendered by the members according to internationally recognized standards;
- Enhancement of professional ethics in the international freight forwarding industry.
- The merits of PIFFA activity are executed through statutory authorities and bodies such as:
- Professional Ethics Committee
- Experts Committee
- Vocational Training Committee
- Customs & Excise Committee
- Finnancial Committee
- Working Groups comprising sea, road, rail and air transport.